Formed in 2013, we have a highly experienced team of software designers with a strong pedigree in developing embedded firmware for a variety of microprocessors and microcontrollers (ASIC and FPGA), complemented by backgrounds in various disciplines. Our projects span a wide spread of application domains and technologies, with a client-base across North America, Ireland and the UK.
A sample of projects successfully delivered by Emdalo Technologies:
- IIoT firmware that combined a low-power Wi-Fi solution with a low-power ARM MCU. Integrated with partner's cloud services. Supports TCP/IP connection with TLS encryption in an ultra-low memory configuration.
- Highly-reliable firmware components for an existing code framework, targeting various avionics applications.
- Porting of low-level linear algebra libraries and testbenches to custom accelerator silicon.
- A room occupancy detector using a patented high-efficiency low-power implementation of a HoG algorithm.
- Process design and requirements engineering for an automotive product using AutoSPICE, UML & MISRA C.
- Visualization tools for merged 2D/3D workspaces combining dense pointclouds, high-definition imagery and navigational metadata targeting marine applications.
- Design and implementation of secure cloud strategies for a variety of internet-enabled devices.
- Syllabi, content, programming examples, supplementary material, exam questions, etc. for courses in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
We are proud to have a highly-experienced world class embedded software team, with strong hardware/SoC background, and a proven track record in complex software solutions, ranging from deeply embedded systems through to large-scale Unix web services and Windows GUI applications.
Our team members are dedicated professionals, with hands-on experience of all aspects of software engineering, including project management, gained across several industries and many technologies. We have been responsible for full lifecycle software development and delivery, including design, development, production roll out, maintenance and customer-support.
Our specialist team members have previously developed
- Innovative receiver firmware for Automotive market; significantly improved responsiveness of previous generation system - 2 patents granted.
- Co-verification of device prior to silicon with hardware team; ported and brought-up firmware on FPGA prior to tapeout.
- Multi-standard mobile-TV firmware and host-side software library; Supported control and data planes over multiple interfaces; developed test automation framework for functional and performance testing.
- Automated reception performance testing of digital radio modules; comprehensive software regression test systems.
- Bluetooth firmware; certification of design through BQE.
- Wired and wireless telemetry systems, including embedded- and server-side.
- Bespoke web applications for multi-user environments, with a focus on security and usability.
- IPv4 / IPv6
- mDNS / Bonjour / HomeKit
- Network Controller
- Long Poll
- Prowl / Growl
OS / Environments
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Fedora Linux
- RHEL Linux
- Debian Linux
- Ubuntu Linux
- MacOS X
- BareMetal / SuperLoop
- MISRA-C Guidelines
- Enterprise Architect
- Atmel Studio
- Keil μVision
- IAR Embedded Workbench
- Imagination CodeScape
- GNU Make
- Certificate Handling
- Imagination MeOS
- Various Code Coverage Tools
- Computer Vision
- Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK)
- Image Segmentation
- Adversarial Learning
- Transfer Learning
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN)
- Deep Neural Networks (DNN)
- Deep Learning
- Classical CV: HOG, HAAR
Microprocessors / Controllers
- ARM Cortex M0+
- ARM Cortex M4
- Intel Atom X5
- Intel Galileo
- Movidius Myriad
- IMG META & MTX
- Raspberry Pi
- TI CC3200
- Atmel SAM
- Intel Intelligent Systems Framework
- Qt GUIs
- Digital Broadcast (MPEG2 PS/TS, MPEG4)
- 3D Point Clouds
- SPI Master/Slave
- UART / USART
- GPIO / MFIO
- TFT PDP
- Boot ROM
- Ethernet MAC
- ADC / DAC
- DMA Controllers
- Interrupt Controllers
- Hardware Abstraction Layers
- Board Support Packages
- C / C++ / C#
- Qt QML
- HTML / CSS
- Tcl / Tk
- Unix Shell
- AVTECH Software, Inc. : - founded in 1988, AVTECH Software is a computer hardware manufacturer and software developer - their Room Alert® products monitor computer rooms, data centers, pharmaceutical, cold storage and other facilities for conditions such as temperature, humidity, power, flood, smoke, air flow, room entry, motion, cameras and more; Cathx Ocean: - Cathx Ocean was founded in 2009 to develop the world's first true subsea machine vision systems. The company headquarters, including hardware design, software engineering and manufacturing is based in Kildare, Ireland, with additional office locations in Aberdeen, UK and Houston, USA;
- Roost: - headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, "the new approach" in the Smart Home market, offering consumers a simple and inexpensive way to transform existing home products into smart connecting devices;
- Atmel Corporation: - a US-based multinational semiconductor company, a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components.a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components;
- Curtiss-Wright Controls Avionics & Electronics: - a US-based multinational provider of highly engineered, technologically advanced products and services; Frontier Silicon: - UK based digital fabless semiconductor company, the world's #1 provider of chips and modules for digital radio;
- Silansys: - design consultancy delivering turnkey ASIC product and IC Design Services for complex Mixed-Signal intensive products;
What people say
Careers at Emdalo Technologies
We're always looking for talented, creative and enthusiastic people to join our team. Send your CV to and make sure the CV tells us loads about you, your experience and passions.
In particular, here are the types of skill sets / experience we look for:
- Machine Learning / Artifical Intelligence
- Software Development
- Hardware Prototyping
- Product Design
- Sales and Marketing
or anyone who has a keen interest in embedded technologies. If you think you can add something to the Emdalo Technologies team then we want to hear from you now!